Since 1940, Benchmark FCU has established itself as a banking institution that exists solely for the benefit of our members. Our mission-first focus is supported by a combination of getting to know our members' unique needs and customizing banking accordingly; as well as delivering the state-of-the-art offerings that optimize their banking experience.
Central to Everything We Do
1. Mission Statement
The mission of Benchmark® Federal Credit Union is to improve the economic well-being of our members through a lifetime of premier financial products and services.
2. Vision Statement
The vision of Benchmark Federal Credit Union is to provide premier banking services to those who live or work in Chester County.
3. Benchmark FCU Values
- Members First – Building lifelong relationships to grow our membership, recognizing that members are the credit union's most important asset
- Highest Integrity and Ethics – Promoting the highest financial and ethical industry standards while acting with care, diligence, and fairness in all our business activities
- Courtesy and Professional Service – Providing courteous and professional service to members to promote a community of financial trust
- Culture of Communication – Cultivating communication and transparency to highlight our services and to demonstrate the financial benefits of credit union membership
- Education for Member Success – Educating members to ensure their long-term financial success
- Product and Service Enhancements – Continually enhancing the scope and variety of available products and services
- Technological Vanguard – Aligning members' financial needs to technological innovations to provide the most up-to-date service
- March 1940 – origination of WYBRO Federal Credit Union; serving the financial needs of employees and family of John Wyeth & Brothers, Inc. (Philadelphia, PA).
- September 1983 – merged with WYCHESTER Federal Credit Union (West Chester, PA).
- 1988 – merged with WYETTA Federal Credit Union (Marietta, PA).
- November 1989 – changed our name from WYBRO to Benchmark Federal Credit Union.
- September 1992 – merged with A.H.P Employees Federal Credit Union (New York & Virginia).
- 1991 – due to our consistent growth, we relocated our Main Office to a standalone facility located in West Chester, PA to better serve the financial needs/wants of our members; however, we maintained branches within the Wyeth facilities.
- August 1998 – employees of Solgar Vitamin & Herb Company, Inc. added to Benchmark's Field of Membership.
- November 2008 – relocated our Main Office to a new facility located at 1522 McDaniel Drive, West Chester (intersection of Rt 3 & 352).
- October 2010 – Benchmark opened its second standalone Branch, which was located within Great Valley Corporate Park; until closing in August 2017.
- March 2011 – Benchmark went from a single-sponsor to a Multi SEG (Select Employee Group) charter, which allows us to expand our field of membership by offering credit union services to more employees.
- April 2015 – Benchmark Federal Credit Union became a Community Charter serving all of Chester County.
- June 2016 – Benchmark opened two new branches within Chester County: Downtown West Chester located at 323 E. Gay Street and Phoenixville located at 785 Starr Street.
Credit Union Vs. Bank
We offer financial solutions for life's benchmarks. That means attractive products, good rates, personal service, and we won't fee you to death. Being a credit union member is unlike being just another "bank customer." As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, rather than focus on personal gains, we pour any and all profits earned back into the institution to secure better rates and services for our well-deserving members.
Plus, with a credit union, you have a voice. Every member is a owner, giving you say in every decision that is made as an institution.
Your time and money is precious. We understand and respect that. That's why we offer an array of services that make the most of both. Some of our state-of-the-art offerings include:
- Kasasa® Checking & Savings Accounts – What's better than free? Free plus rewards! Get the power of free checking or savings, plus rewards that really speak to you, including high interest, cash back, and automatic savings generation!
- Customized Lending – As a credit union that truly functions for our members, your needs are our needs. Whether you're financing a home, a car, or nearly anything in between, we go the extra mile to ensure that the terms of your loans are in line with your unique situation.
- Time-Saving Services – In today's busy environment, convenience is a must. Bank when and where you need to with the help of our many convenience services, including online banking, mobile banking, nationwide access, and more.
- Educational Resources – When it comes to your money, we want you to be well informed. That's why we offer a wide range of educational and helpful resources, like fraud prevention tips, credit services, loan education, and more.
Thank You from Benchmark
As an institution that's truly owned and operated by its members, neighbors, and friends, words can't express how grateful we are to be doing what we do best; having the privilege of serving our members' financial needs and life goals day in and day out. We'd like to sincerely thank you for giving us your trust and respect and making us a part of your lives. We'd also like to share a promise to bring that same level of commitment to work every single day.