March 1940 – origination of WYBRO Federal Credit Union; serving the financial needs of employees and family of John Wyeth & Brothers, Inc. (Philadelphia, PA).
September 1983 - merged with WYCHESTER Federal Credit Union (West Chester, PA).
1988 – merged with WYETTA Federal Credit Union (Marietta, PA).
November 1989 - changed our name from WYBRO to Benchmark Federal Credit Union.
September 1992 - merged with A.H.P Employees Federal Credit Union (New York & Virginia).
Due to our consistent growth, we relocated our Main Office to a standalone facility located in West Chester, PA to better serve the financial needs/wants of our members; however, we maintained branches within the Wyeth facilities.
August 1998 – employees of Solgar Vitamin & Herb Company, Inc. added to Benchmark's Field of Membership.
October 2010 – Benchmark opened a second standalone Branch, which is located within Great Valley Corporate Park.
March 2011 – Benchmark went from a single-sponsor to a Multi SEG (Select Employee Group) charter, which allows us to expand our field of membership by offering credit union services to more employees.
April 2015- Benchmark Federal Credit Union became a Community Charter serving all of Chester County.